Thursday, November 3, 2011

Answered Prayers

For the past six weeks Bryan & I have been praying for Ellery's lungs to grow and for her liver to move out of her chest. Today I had a high resolution ultrasound and there was so much good news! Six weeks ago Ellery's lung was at a .6 Lung to Head ratio and today the Doctor said it looked, at worst, to be barely under a 1 (which is much better) and he thought it could even be well above that! Also, he said he didn't see much liver in her chest at all!! Six weeks ago I was told it looked like the entire liver was in her chest. What a great day! I know it is because of all of your prayers that wonderful things are happening! We just hope things will continue to improve and she will be strong.

I also got to see a 4D image of her face & she is beautiful. I just feel so much peace and am so much more hopeful for her arrival. I know that I am working with the best doctors and am in the right place for her delivery. The Doctor today who did the ultrasound is named Dr. Hobbins and he is a "world leader" in maternal-fetal medicine. He has been practicing for nearly 40 years! He told me that if he was having a child with CDH he would want it delivered at Children's Hospital.

I feel so blessed and really am so thankful to have such a loving Heavenly Father that hears and answers prayers. Thank you for all of your prayers & please keep us in them.

3 comments:

  1. SOO happy to hear!! that's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fantastic. We have been praying everyday for Ellery. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a blessing! We'll be praying for her little lungs to grow. We're so happy to hear the good news.

    ReplyDelete