Wednesday, October 19, 2011

4 weeks later...

It has been four weeks since Ellery's CDH diagnosis and I'm hoping the rest of the pregnancy goes as fast as these past four weeks. Nothing really is happening- just a lot of waiting for appointments, etc. In 2 weeks I will have an ultrasound and meeting with the OB/GYN that will be delivering Ellery down at Children's hospital. Then the following week I will have the MRI and the fetal heart echo- which I guess is just a really long ultrasound where they focus on the heart and try to see that everything looks normal. We are praying for those tests to come back normal and for more lung growth.

I have been okay, sometimes the facts will hit me and it becomes a little overwhelming. The past few nights haven't been any help either. I keep having dreams about meetings with Doctors and tests that are being done on me and Ellery's CDH and when I wake up I feel relieved that it was just a dream, only to realize that this is really my reality.

I just stumbled upon this talk tonight by Richard G. Scott about The Sustaining Power of Faith and thought it was just what I needed to hear. I really liked this quote in particular:
"God has given us the capacity to exercise faith, that we may find peace, joy, and purpose in life. However, to employ its power, faith must be founded on something. There is no more solid foundation than faith in the love Heavenly Father has for you, faith in His plan of happiness, and faith in the capacity and willingness of Jesus Christ to fulfill all of His promises.
No matter what occurs, no matter how topsy-turvy the world becomes, you can always have the sustaining power of faith. That will never change. The perfect love of your Father in Heaven will never change. His gospel plan gives life meaning and can assure your happiness. His plan is not only to prove yourself here on earth but also that you may receive the growth that comes from correct decisions prompted by faith, enabled by your obedience."

Well, that is all for now. I will keep this updated as soon as I have more information. Thank you for all of your prayers. I know they are helping me and keeping me at peace. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment